If something goes wrong or we don’t reach the high standards we expect, then we want to resolve the issue.


Coping With Cancer North East aims to provide high quality services which meet your needs.  We believe we achieve this most of the time: if we are not getting it right, please let us know. In order to ensure our services remain at a high and improving standard, we have a procedure through which you can let us know of any reason you are not satisfied with your dealings with us.

If you are not happy with Coping with Cancer North East, please tell us.

You can contact us on 0191 2805610 or email info@copingwithcancer.org.uk

If you are unhappy with an individual in the organisation, sometimes it is best to tell him or her directly.  If you feel this is difficult or inappropriate, then speak to the staff member’s manager or the Office Manager.  Often, we will be able to give you a response straight away. When the matter is more complicated, we will give you at least an initial response within five working days.

If you are not satisfied with our response or wish to raise the matter more formally, please contact the Chief Executive directly. All written complaints will be logged, you will receive a written acknowledgement within three working days.  The aim is to investigate your complaint properly and give you a reply within ten working days, setting our how the problem will be dealt with.  If after we have responded, you are still not satisfied, please write to the Chair who will report the matter to the next meeting of the Trustees, which will decide on any further steps to resolve the situation.

If your complaint relates to fundraising, and we are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction, you can refer it to the Fundraising Regulator, the independent regulator of charitable fundraising of which Coping with Cancer is a member.

They can be contacted via their website www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk  or at 2nd floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH Tel: 0300 999 3407

Ultimately, you have recourse to the online complaint form at the Charity Commission www.charitycommission.gov.uk